19 Times You Wouldn’t Have Survived University Without Technology
It’s a good job you’re a student today with a whole world of technology at your disposal because you probably wouldn’t have survived university without it.
1. When your student house was so cold you resorted to using your hairdryer for warmth.
Let it never be said that you’re not inventive.
2. Or when you kept your laptop turned on simply so that you could benefit from the warmth generated by the battery.
3. Whenever the microwave was quite possibly the only thing protecting you from a nasty case of food poisoning from leftover takeout.
Just put it on the highest setting and hope for the best.
4. Or when you may not have eaten anything at all if it weren’t for the toaster.
5. Every time you didn’t do the seminar preparation so you just did a sneaky browse of Wikipedia before the class started.
It’s all correct, right?
6. When the book you desperately needed for an essay wasn’t available in the library but there was a free preview of it on Google Books.
7. And you discovered you could just Ctrl+f to find the sections relevant to your argument.
If only this was possible with books. If only.
8. When working in the library would’ve been impossible if it weren’t for your headphones.
9. Or when you couldn’t get through exam season without your revision playlist.
10. When the group chat was your best source of entertainment.
11. And during every holiday when it was your only connection to your uni squad.
12. When you honestly weren’t sure how to reference properly until you used an online reference generator.
We’ve all done it.
13. When it was the end of the lecture and you realised you had no idea what it had been about but it was fine because the slides were on Blackboard.
14. When student life was getting to you so badly you just wanted to go home but Skype was a good enough compromise.
15. On almost every night out when it didn’t matter how bad you looked because it was nothing a good Instagram filter couldn’t fix.
16. When no one in your uni house could deal with spiders so the only logical solution was to hoover them up.
Desperate times call for desperate measures.
17. When researching for essays wasn’t possible without having about 50 tabs open all at once.
18. Or when Word’s spellchecker and word counter were the only things ensuring you weren’t submitting absolute garbage.
You literally can’t think of anything worse than having to individually count each word yourself and check for your own typos.
19. And when all you had to do to reminisce over your time at uni was to look back through your Facebook.
Technology helped you survive university. Now let it help you through life as a graduate.
Dixons Carphone, Europe’s leading electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, are looking for graduates like you to join them in their London support centre. With their great selection of graduate programmes, you’ll have everything you need to make life as a graduate happen with technology.
Kick-start your career and be in with the chance of winning one of Dixons Carphone’s high-tech products by playing “The Tech Life” game. Find out more about graduate jobs at Dixons Carphone and apply now to make life happen with technology.