21 Things You’ll Understand If You Got Your Old Job Back After Uni
You had a job before uni, and it didn’t feel right to not have one afterwards, so you went back to your old employer while you looked for a “proper” job.
1. At first you’re annoyed that you’ve ended up back at square one.
2. But try to remind yourself that it’s better than having no job at all.
3. You walk back in like you own the place.
4. But then realise that everything is different.
5. You have to get used to all the new people who have started since you left.
6. And them acting like you’re a new recruit who needs your hand holding.
“Don’t you know who I am?”
7. You instantly feel old when you see all the new sixth form employees.
8. Everyone says things like: “I knew you’d come crawling back.”
9. Or: “Aren’t you too smart to work here now?”
10. Needing to tell people regularly that this is not the permanent plan and you’re only here for a short time.
11. Which they don’t believe.
ha ha ☺️
12. You get really defensive about having a degree.
13. Your manager will say something about sticking around and progressing through the ranks and you don’t know how to take it.
“Erm… yeah, maybe..”