26 Things You’ll Only Understand If You Live With Other Uni Students
“Who drank my milk?”
1. You all think that living with no authority figures will be a utopia.
2. But quickly realise that, when left to your own devices, none of you are functional human beings.
3. You can go days without seeing anyone because of people’s sleeping patterns.
4. You try to be a good housemate and share but someone inevitably takes advantage.
5. You realise that being around your friends 24/7 can actually get pretty intense.
6. It doesn’t take long for disagreements to start.
7. But no matter how bad an argument, you always make up again pretty quickly.
8. Because living with someone means you become too close to hold grudges.
9. If you go on a night out without your housemates they will take it personally.
And will question you on where you’re going and who with.
10. You quickly get bored of hearing your friend’s playlist for the 100th time.
11. And your personal space becomes a thing of the past.
12. You have to do your laundry at obscure times of the night.
Because someone else probably left their clothes stewing in the machine all day.
13. There’s always one person who makes a complete mess when they’re cooking.
14. You can’t rely on anyone to wake you up for your 9am.
Because they probably won’t get up either.
15. Someone will always get in the shower just as you’re about to do the same.
16. Standoffs over household chores can last for weeks.
No one wants to cave in and do it.
17. In the meantime you have to deal with eating out of pots and navigating around the mess.
18. There is one seat in the house that everyone wants.
If you claim it you could end up staying there all day just to secure it.
19. For some reason if you buy milk it belongs to everyone.
20. And there’s no such thing as just making one cup of tea.
“Oh are you making a brew?”
21. There is never enough toilet roll.
No matter how much you buy it’s gone in a day.
22. It’s literally impossible to say no when everyone else decides to go on a night out.
23. And someone always decides to have a party when you actually have to do revision.
24. But at least you always have someone to watch a film with.
25. There is one housemate who is put in charge of plates when you cook together as a house.
They just can’t be trusted with actual food.
26. And that same housemate is probably the one who always leaves the front door unlocked when coming home drunk.
But despite all their flaws, you love your student house and want to keep it safe 🔒
Yale offers a number of security solutions for university students, including standalone room alarms, compact safes, bike locks and personal attack alarms. For more information about how to protect yourself and your belongings at uni visit the Yale Website.