13 Things Every Computing Student Will Understand
Whatever degree it is, if there’s computers involved, you’ll understand the following.
1. When people say: “Oh, you do computer science? Can you fix my laptop for me?”
Yes. I charge £15/hour.
2. You inevitably become tech support for family and friends and feel like you’re living the IT Crowd.
3. You laugh at people who have to do a dissertation until you realise suddenly you have to write a program that will solve all the world’s problems.
4. The realisation that you’ll need to dust off your mathematics textbooks and purchase a graphical calculator.
5. Feeling like a boss because you can access the university resources on your own laptop without going to the library.
6. You become best friends with coffee whilst trying to fix the one bug in your project the night before hand in day.
7. You find it weird how you still need to submit a paper copy of your project.
8. You fall in love with the super fast university internet.
Download all the things.
9. Wondering how learning models like Levenberg-Marquardt Approximation aids your quest to build a pizza app.
10. Your friends assume you see, speak and think in binary.
11. You beat yourself up whenever you see a simple, get-rich-quick idea like milliondollarhomepage.com.
12. Struggling to decide whether to use Open Source or Proprietary software.
13. Though it’s fair to say your department do come through for you sometimes.
Free Windows? That’ll do.
But the best thing is all the job opportunities after graduation.
Ford are looking for grads with a 2:2 or above in an IT related degree to join their 2015 graduate programme – which comes with a £30k salary. Click the button below to apply.