17 Unavoidable Problems You Face If You’re a Student Living at Home
Living at home while you’re at university undoubtedly has its benefits. It also has its struggles, too.
1. Always being asked which accommodation you live in by someone who is “so happy to be away from home”.
2. And never managing to not sound awkward when you reveal that you’re one of those people still at home.
3. Spending a lot of money on public transport.
4. And growing increasingly frustrated when people complain about their 5 minute walk to uni from halls.
5. Feeling like a pampered baby when you overhear people talking about paying rent and bills.
6. But then getting sick of people assuming that you must have loads of money because you’re living at home.
7. Occasionally feeling like you’re missing out on all the fun in halls.
8. And getting annoyed that you can’t always spontaneously join in on nights out.
9. But also not wanting to give up all your home comforts.
Like all the food in the fridge, for example.
10. The joke of being asked if you’re going home for the holidays.
11. And the difficulty of trying to comfort uni friends who are homesick when you can’t relate.
12. Leaving something at home and being unable to just get a flatmate to bring it in for you because you don’t have any.
13. Having everyone assume you are an expert on everything about the location of your university.
14. Or that the decision to stay at home must not have been your own.
Because no one would choose to stay at home for themselves, right?
15. Worrying that you’re not getting the most out of being a student because you’re living at home.
16. And wishing you didn’t have to involve your parents in your student life so much.
17. But also knowing that you would hate having to deal with the responsibilities you can avoid while you’re still there.
The struggle is real.🏠