18 Things You`ll Only Understand If You Studied at King`s College London
Has anyone ever actually managed to connect to the KCL WiFi?
1. Being in constant competition with UCL.
But it’s fine, because really there’s no competition.
2. Loving how beautiful the library is.
It’s a grand, nineteenth-century building, and the site has bags of history.
3. But almost being too intimidated to actually go in there.
Even if you do make it past the hostile looks as you enter, you’re unlikely to find somewhere to sit.
4. Never being able to connect to the uni WiFi. Ever.
5. The awkwardness of that time they tried to change the name to King’s London.
6. And the joy of having the best night in London, Walkabout Wednesday, on your doorstep.
Okay, maybe not the best. But it’s yours, and you’ll defend it and attend it resolutely.
7. It’s possible to live miles from some of your uni friends thanks to there being so many campuses around London.
From Guy’s to Waterloo, it’s hard to keep track.
8. Forever feeling smug af about the local culture.
9. Especially when the ice rink arrives at Somerset House.
10. Going for a casual drink at the uni bar with this view:
11. But learning to avoid the food there.
12. Realising that the novelty of crossing Waterloo Bridge soon wears off.
It offers some of the best views in the city, but you’ll probably freeze to death crossing it during winter months.
13. But never being able to get over how gorgeous the chapel is.
14. Having some of the coolest alumni.
15. And never being stuck for things to do when your family and friends come to visit.
16. Getting sick of having to differentiate between KCL and Cambridge.
“The one in London, yeah. Not Cambridge”.
17. But at the end of the day, you wouldn’t swap it for the world.
18. Because, for all its faults, you can’t help but fall in love with England’s third-oldest university (it’s definitely us, UCL).