16 Things Every University of York Student Has Said at Least Once
If you haven’t said the following things, do you even go to York?
1. “Is it pronounced Neesa or Nicer?”
The radio says “Nicer” but my head says “Neesa”
2. “It’s not THAT ugly. What about Heslington Hall?”
Derwent is beautiful in its own way…
3. “I don’t need a coat, it’s not that cold.”
We’re all hardened northerners now, we’re not about to cough up 2 quid for the cloakroom. That money is for drinking only
4. “I know it’s a long queue, but I need that Revs photo!”
It’s half the reason I’m even out tonight.
5. “Why is York so white?”
Oh my god, Karen.
6. “OMFG I GOT ONE OF THE BLUE CHAIRS IN THE LIBRARY!”
It’s making me so productive, I’ve already written the title of the essay and I’ve only been here 2 hours!
7. “Why are my clothes still wet when they come out of the dryer?”
Genuinely, what is the point of the dryers? Circuit need to have a long hard look at themselves.
9. “We should have a day trip to the Dales!”
Spoiler alert: You never will.
10. “Where even is Halifax?”
This never-ending road is a familiar sight to any Faxer.
11. “OK, just one drink in D-bar.”
It’s never just one drink.
12. “At least we’re not in Le Page.”
Unless you are in Le Page of course. If so, I am very sorry.
13. “What do the Sabbs do again?”
They actually do very valuable work guys… and get to put off real life for another year!
14. “Can we leave and get Efes?”
No night out is complete until you have an Efes under your belt.
15. “Will any night out ever compare to Willow?”
Hint: it will not.
16. “ROSES ARE WHITE!”
It doesn’t matter if you’re sporty or not, when Roses comes around we are all patriotic af for our uni.