24 Things You’ll Really Miss About The University of Hull When You Leave
Remember when you first arrived at uni as a bright-eyed fresher who wasn’t really sure where to find Hull on the map? Now, a degree later, it’s time to say goodbye to Hullywood, and you’re not sure you’re ready. You’ll definitely miss a lot.
1. The University campus.
2. The coffee shops on Newland Ave.
3. Nights out at [W]elly.
Won’t miss that queue though.
4. Knowing that if you can’t afford a night out in town, you’ll always be able to scrounge enough together for a night out in Brassick.
5. £1.75 drinks? Yes please.
6. Hull Fair.
It’s the oldest and largest fair in Europe, why else would you want to stand in the cold for hours waiting to get a ride on the bumper cars?
H U L L F A I R The oldest and one of the largest in Europe. I took this while clinging onto the side at the top of the big wheel 🙈 #hull #hullcity #hullfair #fair #neonlights #lights #fun #fairground #entertainment #love #food #rides #stalls #yorkshire #bigwheel #skibob #iphone5s #longexposure #jj #picoftheday #instagood #like4like #followme
7. The cobbled streets of Old Town.
8. And the hidden treasure that is Hull Marina.
9. The Classic first date trip to The Deep.
Because all good love stories start surrounded by fish.
10. Getting a pint in Sanc after a lecture.
It really washes those lecture notes down.
11. Headlines like this.
12. And very important information like this
It really is never Dull in Hull.
— Hull Uni Alumni (@hullalumni) May 12, 2016
13. The random puddle on Cottingham Road that is there come rain or shine.
One of life’s greatest mysteries.
14. Ordering a taxi at half past and the driver casually turning up at ten to, but you can’t be made at them because they’re friendly.
Damn you and your cheerful mood.
15. Celebrating almost any occasion with dinner and cocktails at Roots.
16. Moaning about the line up for the End of Year Ball and then buying a ticket anyway.
bank account is wounded after getting an eoyb ticket, tinchy best do some cartwheels and magic tricks and shit make it worth my while
— Alexandra Turner (@axiturner) May 5, 2016
17. This absolute legend from San Remos on Cott Road.
Who is never judgemental about the state you’re in.
18. And who never ever forgets to ask you if you want CHIP SPICE.
— Hull Uni Alumni (@hullalumni) May 13, 2016
19. Watching the sun come up after an all-nighter in the library.
20. Being the most supportive you have ever been about anything at varsity every year.
— Michael Carnall (@MJCarnall42) April 16, 2016