16 Things Every University of Birmingham Student Needs To Do Before They Graduate
Whether you’re graduating this year or graduation is still a tiny blot on a very distant horizon, here are some things you need to do before you say #byebrum.
1. Discover all the hidden treasures located in and around campus.
Such as this Michael Sandle sculpture in the Business School gardens. (Yes, the Business School has its own gardens!)
2. And then make time to explore the city itself.
Don’t limit your understanding of Birmingham to just Selly Oak.
3. Take a wander around the Jewellery Quarter, for example.
It’s really good for late night cocktails and of course… jewellery!
4. And stroll down the canal to Brindley Place.
Walk around the canals and have lunch by the water or on a riverboat.
5. Combine your love of history and alcohol by having a pint at the oldest pub in Brum.
The Old Crown has been serving drinks since 1368!
6. While you’re in Digbeth, have a walk around the Custard Factory for some vintage clothes and furniture.
7. Make sure you hunt down all the incredible street art in the area, too.
8. And go to a Digbeth First Friday event.
If you love modern art, music and street food, this is for you.
9. If you can afford it, set some money aside and go catch a show in one of Brum’s many amazing venues.
Such as the Birmingham Royal Ballet.
10. Or Symphony Hall.
11. Venture out into the suburbs.
There’s Moseley, Edgbaston and Harborne to shop in and explore.
12. Or escape to the country.
Lickey Hills is only a short drive or train ride away.
13. Watch the cricket in Edgbaston.
Go to at least one game, even if you’re not sure it’s your thing.