14 Things That Happen On Graduation Day That Almost Make You Regret Doing a Degree
Ah, graduation day. It’s arguably one of the best and most important days of your life, considering it’s the culmination of all those hard years of studying.
While there’s no doubt you’ll ultimately have a great time, it’s a certainty that one or two (or, in this case, 14) things will happen that’ll have you regretting ever turning up…
1. When your parents seem to be more excited than you.
Is this their special day or mine? 🤔
2. And when you realise how much queuing and standing around is involved.
Graduation! Or excessive queuing day to you and me
— Abi Duddridge (@abiduddridge) July 11, 2014
3. Finally collecting your robes only to discover none of it fits properly.
My graduation cap doesn't fit on my head so I had to improvise pic.twitter.com/D8tu9fS4CU
— Jake (@PushDownhill) May 6, 2017
4. Feeling like you’ve forgotten how to smile like a normal person when you have your photo taken.
Looking forward to seeing that on the mantelpiece every time I go home 🙂
5. Whenever your parents speak to any of your friends.
Do. Not. Embarrass. Me.
6. Taking your seat in the ceremony and realising you don’t recognise the majority of the people around you.
“I am in the right one, aren’t I?”
7. And just knowing the announcer is going to say your name wrong.
When they pronounce your name dough instead of Doug at graduation pic.twitter.com/LoNftxAahg
— Hess | 72 (@ClaryJessica) June 25, 2017
8. Panicking over whether you’re supposed to do a handshake or not.
And if you do, what if you go in with the wrong hand?
9. The fear of falling over at any point during the ceremony.
if I fall on the stairs at graduation tomorrow I swear that's me and life done nope nada peace I'm out
— jessicock (@BAM_itsjess) July 6, 2017
10. Losing interest in the ceremony once your part’s over.
Only another hour and a half to go…
Everybody should bring snacks ,portable chargers and download games on their phone because this graduation ceremony is going to be long pic.twitter.com/aCl69Kla7r
— cassy (@cassy_agyek17) June 29, 2017
11. Or, if your last name starts with a letter that’s at the end of the alphabet, fearing you may be asleep by the time it’s your turn.
RIP any students with surnames from T onwards.
12. When your hands actually start to hurt from all the clapping.
Can we stop now?
13. When it dawns on you that this is officially your last day as a student.
14. And that you now have to become the thing you’ve been desperately trying to avoid these past 3 years – an adult.
— Oscar Lopez (@ohmyoscar) May 11, 2015