The 21 Most Unbearable Things About Studying In The Uni Library
Studying in the uni library really shouldn’t be this hard.
1. Actually feeling inspired to get some work done, only to arrive and discover you’ve forgotten your student card.
Hands down the most pointless rule implemented by libraries. As if you’d turn up if you weren’t a student?
2. Or not being able to get in simply because the barrier won’t let you through.
3. Spending more time looking for a free seat than actually revising.
Apparently one of the hardest parts of revising at uni is to actually find a seat at the library to do it
— Conor Hearty (@HeartyConor) April 27, 2015
4. And then feeling like you can’t ever leave it because someone will steal it from you.
No toilet breaks for you.
5. Not being able to locate any of the necessary books needed for your research.
When you carefully check if your book is back in the library and the website says 'on shelf' and then you go and it's NOT THERE am I a prick
— Dhechen Lama (@dhechenlama) February 3, 2016
6. Sitting at a group table with your friends only for some stranger to come and sit at one of the chairs.
7. Or finding a nice quiet spot only for someone to come and sit right next to you and start talking on the phone.
Apparently the library is now somewhere for talking on the phone and singing. Great.
— Alice Wright (@AliceGWright) November 1, 2016
8. Thinking you’ve hit the jackpot and found a free computer but it’s just a library catalogue computer.
9. Or finally finding one but then realising no one’s using it because it’s broken.
10. Bringing your laptop with you to avoid dodgy computers and then realising the nearest plug socket is too far away.
11. First years having the cheek to sit near you and complain about their workload.
12. Or ending up sat near that person who brought the smelliest lunch ever with them.
13. The difficulty of trying to having a silent breakdown over your essay when there are people all around you.
14. Or of attempting to eat your snacks without anyone knowing.
Trying to eat your crisps quietly in the library is actually one of the hardest challenges of a uni student
— Dan (@Danni_Skermer) November 18, 2016
15. Getting distracted by absolutely everything.
People walking past, music coming from someone’s headphones, the graffiti on the desk in front of you.
16. And realising you’ve been listening to someone else’s conversation rather than working for a good ten minutes.
I love it when people come to the library and talk as loud as they can and play music right beside me while I study!!
— Sarah Bilgasem (@sarahhbil) January 26, 2017