15 Things ‘GIRLS’ Teaches You About Life After University
The weird, wonderful and strangely relatable lives in HBO’s GIRLS can teach you a lot as you enter the real world.
1. How to react when EVERYONE has a grad job but you.
2. To not settle for a job that isn’t fulfilling.
You’re young, right? You don’t want to settle for something and get stuck there.
3. And never to undersell yourself.
4. That it’s normal to not really feel like an adult.
5. And that it’s probably okay to shy away from the responsibilities that come with being a grown up.
6. Although it’s very necessary to sometimes play the adult card.
7. Like when you actually want to talk about politics.
8. That your dream career may test you more than anything.
9. But standing up for what’s right is essential.
10. And even if you still don’t know what to do with your life..
11. You know that it’s perfectly healthy to question everything.
12. And completely freak out every once in a while.
13. And equally not forget to celebrate life’s little moments.
14. Because although it’s scary, the future is also hugely exciting.
15. And just because you’ve finished uni, that doesn’t mean you have to be classy.