15 Things That Make Freshers’ Week at Loughborough Better Than Any Other
Freshers’ Week: a time for making memories and trying not to forget them because, well, booze. If you’re heading to Loughborough University this autumn, be assured you’re going to have the most incredible two weeks with your #PurpleArmy.
1. The line-up will quickly prove why Loughborough’s SU is officially the best in the country.
Line up for freshers looks sick, get me to uni now #LSUFreshers16
— Nöah Stuckey (@n0ahstuckey) August 31, 2016
2. There’s even a sing-off. 🎤
And you’re right to be excited about it. Out of all the Freshers’ Week nights, this one is the defining night of your initial two weeks in Lufbra. Every hall will try to prove they’re the best with unique chants and themes in a bid to be crowned sing-off champions! Just be prepared to not be able to speak the next day.
@RDKGames You have no idea what the Sing Off is like until you experience for yourself, truly unique to Loughborough!
— Thomas Stovell (@_Tom911GT3RS) August 31, 2016
3. And an unmissable foam party.
It’s guaranteed to be a messy night in more ways than one! Just make sure you wear shoes you don’t really care for…
4. Everyone instantly becomes a proud member of #teamlboro.
— Hannah Marshall (@hanmarshall_) September 28, 2014
— Loughborough SU (@LoughboroughSU) September 23, 2015
5. And people go HARD with fancy dress.
They don’t regret it, either.
— Kezia Taylor (@Kezia01469302) September 25, 2015
— Em 💮 (@Marris0_n) September 26, 2014
6. Freshers’ Week isn’t restricted just to the SU.
It includes great nights out both in Loughborough town and Nottingham – distinctively different to the SU but just as fun!
Nottingham on Tuesday is looking to be a great shout #loughboroughinvades
— Glenn (@GlennMay94) December 1, 2013
7. And whichever halls you’re in, you’re guaranteed an amazing time.
From themed nights to punch parties, your halls have got you covered.
— Alex Brooks (@AlexBrooks96) August 31, 2014
8. No matter how worse-for-wear you get, you’ll always be looked after by Fresher Helpers.
Just look for these guys, you can’t really miss them.
9. And, fear not; the union also organise some 👌 sober activities too.
For your much-needed, mid-week recovery.
10. There’s crazy golf.
— LSU Nights (@LSUNights) September 29, 2014
11. And super chill pizza and film nights.
— Lewis Wood (@EducationEO_LSU) September 27, 2014
12. Plus, the infamous roller disco.
Literally the best thing.
— Marina Soria (@IntDOLSU) September 30, 2015
13. The Union Bazaar is always worth taking a wander around.
If you’ve managed to swerve a hangover, you can see what the uni has to offer within the sports and societies bazaars – and trust that there are literally hundreds of things to join.
— Nuz Fatima (@WelfareEO_LSU) October 5, 2014
14. And don’t forget the posters fair.
Where else are you going to buy all the posters to decorate your new home?
— Uni Poster Sales (@unipostersales) September 26, 2014
15. But, of course, best of all is the Freshers’ Ball.
The fortnight comes to an end at the Freshers’ Ball, with live acts, fairground rides and a fireworks display. Get your squad together because it really is the best way to end your exhausting (but fun) two weeks on a high.
had the best night at freshers ball #lufbra
— Amy Spencer (@amy_spence_) October 6, 2013