18 Things Every First Year Student Already Misses About Living at Home
It won’t take long.
1. Having a fully stocked fridge.
Something you will simply never see at uni.
When you come home from uni and the fridge is full with food pic.twitter.com/BArNtBwB1N
— Nagi (@callmenagi) July 2, 2016
2. And unlimited snacks that you don’t have to hide in your room before someone steals them.
3. Your own bed.
4. And hours of uninterrupted sleep.
5. A bath tub that you would actually consider bathing in.
Because you either don’t have one or you wouldn’t go near it with a barge pole.
6. Having your mum cook for you.
And not have to pretend that you don’t mind living off canned goods forevermore.
7. Free washing.
One of the cruellest aspects of living in halls.
8. And drying.
You’re convinced the money you’d save could actually be put towards a small mortgage.
9. Not having to be the responsible adult in an emergency.
“The water’s not working? Where’s mum?”
10. And not being miles away from your home friends.
11. Proper Sunday roasts.
You’ll try, but it won’t be the same.
12. A fully functioning TV.
— Aby Rose (@aby_rose) March 26, 2015
13. And not needing a separate TV license for every single room.
14. Not really having to do much cleaning.
15. And being driven to the supermarket to do your shopping.
16. Not being subjected to a fire drill all the damn time.
I'm not paying £9000 for uni to be having practice fire drills at 6 in the morning, just no
— han (@96HannahLauren) October 15, 2015
17. And not having to war over who takes the bin out.
worst bit about uni so far is having to take the bin out ew 😷
— Ami (@theballadofami) October 1, 2014
18. But most of all, you miss living with your pets.
If you have them, of course.