19 Times ‘Bridesmaids’ Summed Up How You Feel About Being an Unemployed Graduate
Bridesmaids might have been a film about feeling left behind at your best friend’s wedding, but it turns out it’s also about being an unemployed graduate.
1. When it was OK at first because you were fresh out of graduation and had your whole life ahead of you.
2. But then you realised just how awful the reality of graduate job hunting is.
3. You every time someone asks whether you’ve got a job yet…
For the last time, NO.
4. And also you whenever a graduate job requires a minimum of 5 years of industry experience.
But I’m a graduate?
5. Writing your CV and cover letter like:
6. When you need to make it seem like you’ve used your free time well.
7. Every time you look at your bank account and immediately wish you hadn’t.
8. When you accidentally spend the entire week in bed filling out zero applications.
9. Or when you actually spend the whole week applying to absolutely everything and hear nothing back. At all.
10. When you console yourself that it’s all fine because everyone else is probably in the same boat.
11. But then you go on Facebook and see that someone you didn’t like on your course has a brand spanking new job.
12. When you realise that you are actually doing nothing to help yourself.
13. Because this is you on most days:
14. When a job said all you needed was a degree but they went with someone with more experience.
15. Or whenever someone asks how you’re coping with the job hunt.
16. Actually you replying to an employer who offers you an interview.
17. And then you pretending not to be disappointed when you get the “thanks but no thanks” email.