20 Things That Make You Proud to Be a Loughborough Student
Lufbra walks on water, so we f… you know the rest.
If you’re lucky to have been blessed with being a student at Loughborough Uni, then prepare to feel all the feels about having lived and studied in the bubble.
1. The colour purple.
You’ll never associate anything other than Lough with it ever again. 💜
2. The Loughborough couture.
Forever the pioneers of the shorts and flip flops look – come rain or shine (or snow) – and of course, the classic Echos shoes.
3. And being decked out in our unmistakable stash.
God, we look good.
4. The real OG: Charlie the library cat.
This legend couldn’t go unmentioned.
5. And of course, the Man himself.
No one cares more about their students than VC Bob. We love you!
6. The fact that we’ve been pretty much unbeatable in BUCS every year.
We’ll let someone else win, it’s only fair.
7. Watching the Olympics and seeing Loughborough alumni on the TV.
8. Or winning Strictly…
Not dropping any names.
9. Or better yet, bumping into them on campus.
Literally walking among athletic gods/goddesses. NBD.
10. The campus is just too pretty.
You can’t help but feel all fuzzy when you see all the flowers and trees bloom in the spring (just me?).
11. And it’s the biggest HE site in Europe and greenest campus in the UK.
All year round, it’s just such a bloody beautiful place to be.
12. You’re pretty chuffed that the Students’ Union has been consecutively voted best in the country.
13. And deep down, you’re pretty proud of those Exec songs.
I mean, they didn’t get on national radio for nothing.
14. You’ll forever cherish Stuesday’s 4 VKs for a fiver deal.
As you’ll forever mourn the loss of Fusion balcony (too soon?).
15. Not forgetting Papa Si who cares for all of us with his £5 pizza deals after Hey Ewe.
16. Your hall.
Whether you’re from Bill Mo, Bakewell, Towers, Harry French or Telford, you’d risk your life to defend its name. Almost.
17. And being spoiled for choice of things to do.
You’ve got to hand it to LSU, there’s always something happening and students are always put first.
18. The university’s top-notch facilities across campus.
19. The fact that we just keep climbing higher in the league tables.
20. And finally, simply being able to say ‘I go to Loughborough’ makes you swell with pride.
Because who cares about anywhere else? 💁 #LWOW