21 Times Pitch Perfect Summed Up Your Life at University
Aca-believe just how much Pitch Perfect relates to the following moments you’re guaranteed to experience at uni…
1. When your parents leave you on your first day.
2. When you attend your first ‘Library Skills’ compulsory lecture.
Can we not.
3. And you have to introduce yourself in the initial seminars.
What do I even say?!
4. But then never participate in a seminar ever again.
5. When you discover your timetable is full of 9AMs.
6. When you nail a group presentation.
An extreme rarity.
7. But then panic when you have to do one on your own.
8. When you hand an essay in a minute before the deadline.
I.E., every time.
9. But most of your references are from Wikipedia.
10. When your lecturers release the exam timetable.
11. And you realise that you actually need to do some work.
12. But then when someone asks: ‘Are you going out tonight?’…
… Why not add to the stress? 🙃
13. And you go too hard on a night out post-deadlines.
14. And you protest the hangover despite your lecturer’s questions.
Not asleep. Promise.
15. When you see everyone around you making healthy choices for their future.
16. Then you get back from Easter break and realise just how much of a breeze semester 1 really was.
17. Then you get to that point where dropping out just seems the easier option.
Not about that assignment life.
18. And consider easier* ways of earning a living.
*And perhaps less conventional.
19. So you finally go to a careers meeting hoping to sort your life out.
20. Then you realise you’re about to graduate and ought to actually become a responsible adult.
21. Nevertheless, you finished uni and, despite the relentless work, are finally (or almost) a graduate!
WE MADE IT.