23 Bake Off Reactions You’ll Recognise From When You Left Home For The First Time
“That’s a lot of gin… I’ll just keep adding it.”
1. A-Level results day comes around and everyone asks about your General Studies results.
2. But you didn’t need them to get into uni anyway.
3. When you realise you got in you freak out about actually having to survive independently.
4. But then you realise that you can pretty much do whatever you want now.
5. Because you’re FINALLY getting out of your hometown.
6. Everyone doubts how you’re going to cope in the city on your own.
7. You worry who on earth you are going to be living with in halls.
8. And try to reassure yourself that you won’t be weird around new people.
9. When you realise you will know absolutely no one at your university.
10. And that you are actually going to have to do a lot of work.
11. And how hard your course will be compared to sixth form.
12. But term doesn’t even really start until October anyway.
13. You get sent a reading list and attempt to make a start on it.
(but don’t get very far).
14. You think about how much you will miss your mum.
15. And all the food your parents cook for you.
16. Which reminds you of your complete lack of cooking skills.
17. But at least without parents around you’ll be able to eat all the junk food you want.
18. When you go to Ikea and your parents say, “are we paying for all this?”
19. And then you also have to ask for a bit extra to get you through Freshers’ Week.
20. When you think about what you need to pack.
21. And realise how much crap you have amassed over your 18 years.
22. In the end though you know you’re going to have the time of your life as a university student.
23. But then you actually get dropped off and have to watch your parents drive away.
This is it 👋😰