Why Not Knowing Anyone Is Actually The Best Thing About Starting University
Moving away from home to a university where you don’t know anyone is a terrifying prospect. However, here’s why you’ll actually end up being glad that you didn’t do it any other way.
1. As scary as it seems, you literally have nothing to lose.
It’s a completely fresh start.
2. You can totally be yourself.
Without worrying that you’re being uncool.
3. Or you could even reinvent yourself.
Because nobody will know any different.
4. You’re automatically more confident about everything.
Because you’re in charge now.
5. And far more likely to try new things.
Quidditch society?! YES PLEASE.
6. The need to meet new people makes you more motivated to get stuck in to uni life.
Never a bad thing.
7. And take up new hobbies you perhaps wouldn’t otherwise have bothered with.
At one time, you might’ve only gone to something if your friends were going with you, now you have no choice!
8. You’ll be more independent than ever.
Mentally as well as socially.
9. And learn a lot about yourself.
Things you might not learn when you’re with your home friends who’ve known you for years.
10. Although you’ll miss the friends you already have, you’ll also make some amazing new ones.
They might even become your best friends.
11. And the friendships you forge are more likely to be stronger .
Because unlike in the past, you won’t just be forced to make friends with the people you were put with every day at school.
12. Being out of your comfort zone is good for you.
It would be a shame to go through university not making the most of meeting new people and having new experiences.
13. You definitely won’t be the only one there who doesn’t know anyone else.
It’s easy to worry that everyone else will already know each other and you’ll be the odd one out, but that definitely won’t be the case.
14. And you might just find that it’s the best thing that could ever happen to you.
Going to university is the start of a whole new and exciting part of your life, so throw yourself in at the deep end and have fun.