15 Things Every 2016 Grad Regrets Taking For Granted at Uni
One of the hardest parts of being a recent graduate is getting over the loss of the many benefits of student life, especially when you can’t help but feel you took so many of them for granted.
1. Being able to get student discount.
“How much, sorry?! Guess I’ll just never buy new clothes again.”
I miss my student discount. Why adult world why!!! 😢😣😭
— Gail Young (@gyoung1107) October 3, 2015
2. And have lie-ins on weekdays.
3. Being treated like royalty when visiting home for the weekend.
4. And having your parents enjoy feeding you up rather than begrudging you eating all of their food.
5. Being able to say you’re a student rather than just “unemployed”.
6. And get away with doing things like this:
7. Living with your best friends all day every day.
It’s like a never ending sleepover.
8. Receiving a very welcome student loan.
An income without the 9-5 shift.
9. And not needing to pay any taxes.
10. How easy it was to make friends.
11. And how there was always something to look forward to.
12. The holidays.
A month off at Christmas and Easter. Reading weeks. A proper summer. 💔
13. And the knowledge that you could pretty much always resit if you did something wrong.
Something that’s not really an option any more.
14. The fact that people’s expectations weren’t unreasonably high all the damn time.
“I owned a house at your age, you know!!!”
15. But most of all you just regret not realising how much you loved student life at the time.
took the uni student lifestyle waaay too for granted
— kathryn (@katwakley) October 26, 2016