16 Things You’ll Only Understand If You Studied at Oxford Brookes University
There are some things only an Oxford Brookes student can understand.
1. Telling people you go to university in Oxford, but not saying where exactly.
It’s not your fault if they automatically assume you go to Oxford rather than Brookes.
2. Never fully learning your way around the John Henry building.
3. Thinking you won’t make it to the 4th floor of the library alive.
So. Many. Stairs.
4. Falling in love with everything about Cowley Road.
Including the homeless man outside Tesco with the cute dog. Be kind to him.
5. Flirting with the barman in Cafe Baba for that free shot.
6. Being unable to resist the cheap yet possibly out of date alcohol from ‘Dodgy Delhi’.
Beggars can’t be choosers when your student loan is running low and you’re too lazy to walk those extra 5 minutes to Tesco.
7. The huge sigh of relief when your new timetable reveals all your lectures are at Headington.
8. Or the sheer disappointment if you have to travel to Wheatley or Harcourt Hill.
9. Feeling like an absolute G when you tap your Brookes Bus pass and don’t have to pay.
10. The joy when one of the squad manages to smuggle your predrinks onto the U1/U5 party bus.
11. Falling down the stairs in Bridge or Wahoo.
12. The feeling of discovery when you enter the green and purple cave that is Purple Turtle for the first time.
13. Dancing with Old Man Bridge at least once.
It’s a must.
The culture of Oxford is enriched immensely by the mere existence and universal knowledge of Old Man Bridge
— Harry Samuels (@CuriousCabbage) June 4, 2015