18 Stages of Wasting Your Student Loan Every Student Was Guilty of This Year
Wasting your student loan is one of the easiest things you’ll accomplish at university. It’s OK, though; we’re all guilty.
1. Realising that, at long last, the next instalment is in your bank account.
Yo yo yo student loan day I have been looking forward to you for a while 🙌🏼
— Thalia Fairweather (@talesofthalia) May 9, 2016
2. And immediately alerting your friends that this joyous day has arrived.
3. You suddenly appear to have no control over your spending.
4. But you justify every purchase because you’ve been living off Value everything for the past few months.
5. And, besides, you’ll worry about the consequences later.
Pretty much spent most of the day looking for people to throw my student loan at 💸
— Jolar bear (@jocheadlee) May 6, 2016
6. You decide that while you’re in such a good mood you might as well celebrate properly.
7. And make sure everyone else is having as good a time as you.
At about 2am last night i realised my student loan had come through and then proceeded to buy everyone drinks 🙃🙃
— Joe Dharampal-Hornby (@Joe_DH) April 24, 2016
8. Which seems like a great idea until the next morning.
just found my receipts from revs last night FUUUUCK, clearly thought i was made of money 😬🍺💸
— Naomi CatBride (@naoms94) December 27, 2013
9. You realise the extent of what you’ve done and start to deeply regret everything.
10. And reluctantly accept that you’re now going to have to spend no money at all for a long, long time.
11. While wondering how you’re going to survive the next few months.
12. Not to mention how you’ll manage as an adult.
13. You find yourself constantly thinking of things you actually should’ve spent that money on.
14. And yet still needing to talk yourself down from wasting what little you have left on more things you don’t really need.
15. You decide that maybe someone else should be in charge of your money from now on.
16. While consoling yourself with the promise that you’ll be more frugal next time.
17. A promise that you keep right up until that next payment comes in.
18. And you end up back at the beginning all over again.
Uni has taught me that I am shit with money and that I love spending money that I categorically do not have…
— Ryan Ashley (@Ryan_Ashley123) February 10, 2016