19 Things You’ll Miss About University When You Have a Full Time Graduate Job
When you’re working full time as a graduate, there are many things you end up missing about being a student.
1. Not feeling under pressure to dress to impress all the time.
What do you mean I need to be smart-casual every day? What does that even mean?
2. Spending all of your student loan and not caring about paying it back.
Now it’s just another thing eating into your wages.
3. Going out every night despite needing to get up early.
“I’ll be fine.”
4. Your body being able to handle an obscene amount of alcohol.
These days you can barely have a glass of wine without needing a nap.
5. Skipping your responsibilities for the day because you partied too hard the night before.
And thinking that this was a valid excuse.
6. Napping whenever you feel like it.
7. Domino’s at any and all times of the day and night.
And knowing that everyone else will be 100% on board.
8. Student discount.
9. And student nights out with free entry and the cheapest of drinks.
Because you can now only go out on the most expensive night of the week.
10. Living with your friends and always having someone to hang out with.
You can’t really persuade your co-workers to stop working and watch another ‘Come Dine With Me’, can you?
11. Knowing that if you mess up on an assignment it’s not potentially the end of your university career.
Can I not resit?
12. Preparing for things at the very last minute and not really being judged for it.
You can’t get away with that any more.
13. Living independently but without *real*, adult responsibility.
14. And knowing you can still fall back on your parents.
15. Not having to pay taxes.
You feel you should still be exempt from this, actually.
16. Being able to just stop working and leave if people around you are being annoying.
I literally can't study or do work anywhere besides home! Idk how people do it at uni or in the library
— MEZ (@mezmusic) May 29, 2016
17. Or vent to your friends because they’re in the exact same situation.
Now everyone’s doing different things and you feel like you can’t complain to your workmates.
18. The crazy amount of time off.
19. And thinking of work as something you might do later. If you feel like it. And once you’ve finished this next Netflix episode.
If only. 😰