14 Things You’ll Understand If You’re The Only Girl In a House of Full of Boys
Being the only girl is hard at first, but you wouldn’t change your housemates for the world.
1. You always know which cup is yours in the washing up rack because it’s the one that isn’t a protein shake mixer
2. Your female friends are always welcome
3. It completely throws you out of sync when their mum does their shopping for them because you’re so used to being the only one with branded shampoo in the bathroom
4. But at least you can count on that lonely bottle of Aussie 3 minute miracle not being sneakily used without your permission
5. They insist on showing you all the weird things they found on the internet
6. They will never appreciate the time and effort gone into your photo wall
7. You get just as excited as them when their girlfriends come round
8. Putting on fake eyelashes will always attract an intrigued audience
9. And they generally freak out whenever you get ready for a night out
10. Hanging-the-washing-up-gains. Taking-the-bins-out-gains. Moving-the-table-for-predrinks-gains.
Why have mundane household tasks or punctuation when you can have gains?
11. You’ve become immune to all the gross things guys do
12. And are often referred to as “one of the lads”
13. Unless it involves a FIFA honour rematch, there will never be an appropriate time for excessive emotion…
14. But at least you know that if you’re ever having a bad day, it’ll most likely be dealt with swiftly with a quick bro hug and a trip to the pub.