12 Times You Felt Like a Complete Failure at Life
No one’s perfect. We all learned that a long time ago. However, who would have thought that failure would be the main ingredient of our fragile lives? And while we try to hold on to those little positive vibes we have left, Karma seems to always get in the way…
1. When you realised how much time has passed since your graduation and you’re still looking for a job.
Level of Desperation: perilously high
2. Every time you read “Unfortunately we are not going to be taking your application any further…”
“Where’s my black funeral suit?”
3. When people you know were getting great jobs without even having any qualifications.
Seriously, how is this happening!? Confidence Level: running low.
4. Every time your parents asked why you’re still jobless.
“Guys, you aren’t helping at all“.
5. And when you enthusiastically told people your master plan / dreams and they just silently nodded.
And then they discreetly changed the subject. Yeah, thanks for the vote of confidence.
6. Whenever you bumped into old friends and they asked: “So, what are you doing now?”
7. When you inevitably lost your way to a job interview and arrived late.
This can’t be actually happening.
8. When you had to ask your parents for financial support.
And the “At your age” playlist plays over and over again in your head.
9. Not to mention when you had to move back in with them.
Independence vs Dependency: 0-1
10. When you finally decided to accept your “loser” title and everything that comes with it.
11. When you tried and failed to answer the existential question “What do you think you’ll be doing in 10 years time?”
12. And when you tried and failed to list all your qualities and skills.
“Okay, so apparently I don’t have any.”
“Can we skip this part and get to the bit where I become disgustingly rich and successful, please?”