17 Things You’ll Only Understand If You Studied At The University of Hull
Remember, folks: things are never dull in Hull.
1. Nothing makes your day like seeing The Bee Lady.
2. The importance of mastering the art of pronouncing Hull as ‘Ull.
Especially if you’re a Southerner.
3. There is constantly something new being built on campus.
The library, another set of halls… It never stops.
4. KC Wi-Fi is the absolute worst.
5. Finding decent student housing is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.
6. You never forget to close your windows, especially on Grafton Street.
Since it’s the most dangerous road in Hull.
7. Newland Avenue is great for shopping if you can’t be bothered to go all the way into town.
8. Going to The Deep has a way of making you feel like a child again.
Look at the little penguins! ❤️️
9. Brassick nights are absolutely lethal.
Especially when there is no limit to downing £1.75 snakebites.
10. Old Town is the place for a smashing pub crawl.
11. The top deck on the bus to the Lawns after a night out at Spiders is forever packed*.
*with people embarrassing themselves.
12. You always know Thursday nights mean business because it’s time to get absolutely wasted at Welly.
Classic indie and vodka that made your insides burn – what more could you want?
13. But you can never understand where that smell always comes from.
— Charlotte Murray 👑 (@_CharMurray) February 13, 2017
14. If you don’t manage to get into Welly because of the long af queue, you end up singing until you are blue in the face in Sanc.
15. Going to Tower in fancy dress is a must, despite the fact that you could get pneumonia.
16. After any night out, chip spice is your saviour.
Somehow, it helps with the hangover the next morning.
17. And even though it seems like nearly everyone secretly came to Hull through Clearing, you’ve honestly had the time of your life.