12 Things You’ll Only Understand If You Studied at The University of Northampton
Nando’s chicken has a completely different meaning for you.
1. Knowing almost everyone on campus.
If you don’t know someone, your friend definitely does. Being in a relatively small university, it can seem quite tight knit. The consequence of this is that on a night out you become everyone’s best friend simply because their face looks vaguely familiar.
2. And if you didn’t know who Dan TDM was before uni, you definitely do now.
Otherwise known as Dan Middleton, Dan TDM is kind of a big deal. Not because he has over 14+million subscribers on Youtube and makes Minecraft videos. No, it’s because he’s pretty much Northampton’s only famous alumnus and we’re clinging on to that so let us have it. We also have a number of other incredible bloggers and vloggers who went here/are going here. Clearly Northampton loves blogging talent. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
3. Nando’s chicken has a completely different meaning for you.
Thanks to Insane Tuesdays, Nando’s chicken isn’t the edible kind, but it is still cheeky. If you haven’t got a picture with this guy are you even a UoN student?
4. And Wednesdays will always be wicked.
5. Ending every night at McDonald’s.
If you’ve been out on Bridge Street, it’s just inevitable.
6. And feeling like the night was a complete wash out if you didn’t see DJ Henry.
Getting a selfie with DJ Henry is goals. 🙌
7. Never getting over the loss of the Greggs on Park Campus.
Ever. You don’t want to have to go all the way to Avenue for a sausage roll. 😭
8. And feeling like you must be in the wrong place when you get to Avenue Campus.
9. Supporting the Stallions until your dying day.
10. Weirdly missing the UNO buses when you go home.
Mostly because of the drivers and their great banter 👏