14 Facts About LSE That Will Make You Beam Pride
If you’re a LSE student, prepare to feel proud.
1. It’s part of the Golden Triangle.
LSE is one of the elite colleges in the United Kingdom often considered the part of the “Golden Triangle”, along with Cambridge University, Oxford University, UCL and Imperial College, London.
2. And pretty much always ranks highly in university rankings.
It’s currently ranked joint 25th in the world according to Times Higher Education’s World University Rankings 2018.
3. LSE boasts an impressive 155 nationalities in its student body.
4. And conducts research and teaching across a wide array of subjects in over 25 academic institutes.
5. The main library is the world’s largest Social and Political Sciences library.
It also provides a specialist international research collection.
6. And LSE has taken up the preservation and maintenance of The Women’s Library.
The Women’s Library traces its roots to the London Society for Women’s Suffrage, a Women’s Suffrage organisation.
7. LSE hosts prominent figures from all spheres of life in as many as 200 events held all around the year.
8. In the 2014 Research Excellence Framework, LSE had the joint highest percentage of world-leading research.
Beating both Oxford and Cambridge.
9. Let’s not forget the beautiful and tasteful architecture, old and new.
10. And the host of alumni.
LSE has a remarkable pool of alumni across all fields. In the field of politics alone, 52 present or past Heads of States went to LSE.
11. 18 Nobel Prize winners have been either faculty or alumni of LSE.
12. And several Oscars have been won by former students, too.
Producer Joanna Natasegara and director Orlando von Einsiedel were behind the film White Helmets, which won the best documentary short.
13. According to a 2014 global census, LSE has educated the most billionaires in the world.
14. And finally, it has a ridiculously competitive acceptance rate.
Admissions are highly competitive with the school receiving around 11.25 applicants per position. Give yourself a pat on the back!