16 Times You Just Had To Grin and Bear It at University
1. Whenever someone asked if a few hours of PowerPoint slides per week is really worth £9k per year.
You make a good point.
2. Or when you found out someone who didn’t go uni is already earning more than you could ever dream of.
3. When you were too socially awkward to say no to the person handing out leaflets on the street.
You probably have an entire draw in your room full of promo leaflets you’ll never use.
4. Or when your housemates kept using your stuff but you didn’t want to be uptight about it.
“No it’s fine. You go ahead and help yourself.”
5. When your lecturer called you by the wrong name.
Even in your final year when you’d known them for so long.
6. Or spelt it incorrectly in an email.
You always sign off emails with your name, but they don’t seem to see that…
7. When you did most of the work in a group project but everyone else got the praise.
8. Or when you were one mark off a first. One mark.
9. When your student house was basically falling apart but your landlord wouldn’t do anything about it.
10. Or when you got blamed for things that were already broken when you moved in.
11. When your lecturers assigned all your essays due for the same day.
12. Or you ended up with several exams on one day.
13. When the library was always full of first years complaining about all their deadlines.
14. Or when literally the only topic you didn’t revise for came up on the exam.
15. Whenever you heard someone say that uni is the best years of your life.
“What’s coming next then?”
16. And when life in general was falling apart but you just had to smile through the pain.
Your grades are rubbish, your love life is headed nowhere, your social life is non-existent at this point, and you don’t know what you want to do in the future. Great. ☺️☺️☺️