18 Signs Freshers Have Already Turned You Into a Salty Final Year Student
You’re basically in the sea.
1. Seeing all the first years getting excited about Freshers’ Week is making you feel ancient.
They’re still teenagers, and you’re in your TWENTIES. 👴
2. You’re already begrudging them for going out every single night.
You know that you did it, but due to the fact that you no longer can, they shouldn’t be able to either.
3. And for getting over-excited about everything.
“Free pens!” “Free Domino’s!” “The library is so cute omg.”
4. You feel as though the campus you know and love is being invaded.
Freshers everywhere! Shouldn't they all still be in bed hungover?
— Luke Charlton (@Luke_Curtis97) September 19, 2016
5. And you hate the thought that you were once one of those invading it.
6. All of the places you like to hang out at are now full of Freshers.
7. And you don’t appreciate that you’ve been excluded from some nights out because of Freshers’ Week.
8. While at others you feel like you’re about a million years older than everyone else there.
9. You keep saying things like: “They don’t look old enough to be at university though.”
10. And you feel really uncool whenever you have to actually communicate with them.
11. Not to mention annoyed that the uni are putting pressure on you to set an example for them now.
12. You already can’t stand hearing them talk about lectures when their first year doesn’t even count.
13. And you need them to immediately get out of the library.
Why tf is the library full of freshers it's week 2 get out
— Gurjeet (@Gurjeet__) September 29, 2015
14. Their naivety and innocence about uni life is suddenly extremely upsetting to you.
15. And the extent to which they’re still getting on with their halls flatmates is frankly appalling.
Wonder if all these freshers realise that theyre properly gonna hate who theyre mates with now in about 3 weeks time
— Sam (@sam_hesketh) September 19, 2016