21 Things Only Students Who Love Reading Will Understand
Books >>>> people.
1. Leaving home was harder for you than most other people because you had to leave behind your precious collection of books.
There’s barely enough space in your room in halls for a bed, let alone an entire bookshelf.
2. One of the first things you did when you got to uni was Google the nearest bookstore.
3. And get yourself a membership card to save some cash.
After all, any money saved can go towards buying those gorgeous leather-bound copies of Harry Potter you’ve always wanted.
4. You made a vow to yourself in Freshers’ Week that you’d only lend books to flatmates you were sure weren’t 🐍🐍🐍 and wouldn’t damage them.
Getting a damaged book back is worse than heartbreak.
5. Or, heaven forbid, lost your property.
“I was rooting for you! Now I hope you have a horrid life.”
6. You are literally never walking around without a book.
7. You even travel to and from uni with your nose firmly pressed between pages.
You have definitely tripped at least once because you weren’t paying attention to your surroundings.
8. But that may also be because a new book smells so good.
@ Chanel: I need it as a perfume scent.
9. So, obviously, you spend a lot of time in the library.
10. And are only slightly upset that the uni library doesn’t do a fiction section.
11. You’d much rather sacrifice a night out with your friends for a good book and a cuppa.
12. Or sleep, for that matter.
Must. Get. To. The. End.
13. But on the off chance you do end up going out, the worst possible thing you could hear from someone you’re chatting to is “I don’t like to read.”
14. You often escape all the drama going down in a group chat by switching off your phone and picking up a book.
Unless it’s all going down in a book, idc.
15. You have a permanent neck ache and back problem from the odd positions you find yourself in whilst trying to read.
But I’m not complaining.
16. You outright refuse to see a movie with your mates if you haven’t read the book first.
Who needs spoilers?
17. But when you finally watch the film, you’re angry at yourself for giving in.
“Ugh, I knew the movie would be nothing like the book.”
18. Let’s face it, you like books more than people.
19. In fact, the apocalypse doesn’t sound so terrible as long as you still have your books with you.
20. One of the main reasons you want to succeed in your degree is so you can get a good job and earn enough money to live in a big mansion with a massive library.
Think Beauty and the Beast.
21. Finally, most annoyingly, people assume you’re gonna get a first class because of how much you love reading.
No, I haven’t read the entire reading list.