24 Stages of Surviving University Exams, As Told By Harry Potter
Even though Hermione Granger tells us there are more important things than books and cleverness, exam season still gets to us all.
1. You swear to yourself you’ll be different this year and actually start revising early.
2. But exam season is on you before you know it.
3. And, as usual, you’ve done nothing to prepare for the situation.
4. Your timetable shows that you have multiple exams on one day.
5. So you spend ages devising a revision timetable.
6. Which you then don’t stick to.
What a waste of time.
7. When you do start revising, you feel like you’re not retaining any information.
8. And start to think there’s no way you can recover from this.
9. While praying to a higher power that everything would get cancelled.
10. Or that some disaster will mean you all have to leave and everyone gets a default pass.
11. By the time it’s exam day, you’ve almost lost the will to live.
12. And have to psyche yourself up just to turn up.
13. Which isn’t easy when people keep asking you how you are.
Obviously not OK.
14. Or talking about topics you definitely haven’t revised for.
15. But it’s not until the invigilator calls everyone inside that the real anxiety kicks in.
16. And you debate just calling one of them over and saying you can’t do it.
17. The exam starts and you immediately question whether you actually want a degree anymore.
18. Especially when someone gets up to hand in their paper and leave after the first 30 minutes.
19. You become increasingly frustrated by the invigilators walking past your seat.
20. And you don’t understand how or why the time is moving so quickly
“I thought I had ages left??!!”
21. Before you know it, you’re being told to put your pens down, ready or not.
22. And rushing to get out of the hall before people start discussing the answers.
23. For just a moment you can celebrate the exam finally being over…
24. Before remembering you still have some left, of course!
Back to revision it is!