33 Thoughts You Have When You Just Can’t Concentrate In an Exam
Struggling to concentrate in an exam is a problem all students will face at least once. Here are just some of the thoughts you’ll probably have when this happens.
1. How much fuss would it take to get me out of here?
2. Do I get a few marks for writing my name and module correctly?
3. They needn’t make such a big deal about not turning your paper over too soon. It won’t help me.
4. I really don’t think this is enough time to answer these questions.
5. Oh. My. God. It’s started. Why are people already writing? Do you even read the questions?!
6. Seriously, what.is.happening?
7. Should I just cry? Will they let me leave?
8. Why did I think university would be a good idea?
9. How are people already asking for extra paper?
10. Why are exam halls always freezing? I’m paying for the privilege to shiver my way through an exam.
11. Maybe it’s the souls being sucked out of everyone that makes it so cold.
12. Could I get extra marks if I complain about the conditions of the room?
13. What’s happened to my handwriting? Does it always look like this?
14. Where is my friend sitting? Are they struggling, too? I hope they are. In a nice way, of course.
15. Oh god, don’t look at the invigilators. Don’t let them see your pain.
16. Who is clicking their pen? I can’t be expected to work in these conditions.
17. Maybe I’ll stage a protest. This is the worst representation of my intelligence ever.
18. What would happen if we all just got up and walked out? Y’know, besides failure.
19. Is that a trick clock? I swear it’s moving faster than it should.
20. I can’t decide whether I want it to slow right down or just speed up even more so that this ends already.
21. Is that person clicking their pen more on purpose? Do they want to see me cry?
22. Just. Write. Some. Words.
23. The more words you write, the more you can eat and drink later. I promise.
24. No, no no. Don’t make eye contact with the invigilators again.
25. Wait, why are people leaving already? Are they finished? Why are they finished?
26. This is madness. Where has all the time gone?!
27. It’s a good job I don’t really have time to read through anything; I’m not really sure I can understand my handwriting.
28. This is the worst thing that’s ever happened.
29. Should I just tell them to fail me now? Save some time?
30. Or should I write an apology at the bottom of the page? A bribe maybe?
31. Just take the paper away, please. Before I rip it up.
32. Get. Me. Out. Of. Here.