27 Times Being at University Brought Out Your Sassy Side, As Told By The Real Housewives
Life at university is definitely not a game, and you don’t make any of the rules. However, you’re bound to show your inner sass queen at some point, just like the Real Housewives.
1. At first, you’re excited to leave home and be free.
2. Though you’re slightly worried your parents will embarrass you on your first day in halls.
3. You show up excited to introduce yourself to your flatmates.
4. Until you check your timetable and realise you have a 9am every day of the week.
5. Just thinking about it stresses you out.
And you haven’t even started yet.
6. Before you get to grips with budgeting, you spend your student finance money carelessly.
Eating in restaurants and ordering takeaways on the regular, because food = life.
7. Until you realise you can’t afford to live like the royalty you truly are long term 👑
Which, naturally, doesn’t sit right with you.
8. Early on in the term, you quickly catch on to the importance of planning your days around sleeping.
9. So, when one of your flatmates tries to wake you up, it doesn’t work out well for them.
It’s just rude.
10. The same goes for when they eat the food in the fridge you’ve been looking forward to all day long.
11. Things get even worse when someone uses your pots and pans, but fails to wash them up after.
12. Or clogs the sink up and doesn’t unblock it.
13. And sometimes it feels like you’re constantly screaming at them for being useless.
I 👏 WON’T 👏 HAVE 👏 THIS 👏 IN 👏 MY 👏 HOUSE 👏
14. Ultimately, you’ve got the best squad.
You’re there for each other through everything and have each others’ backs. 🙌
15. Especially when they bring the person they’ve just started dating to meet you.
16. Although it never goes down well when you find out 2 of your flatmates have been lying about getting cosy.
17. You go back home to visit a few times and someone will inevitably comment on your weight.
18. And you start to realise the Freshers’ Fifteen may actually be a real thing.
19. The longer you’re at uni, the less you’re on your best behaviour in lectures.
It’ll probs be on Blackboard anyway. I’ll learn in my own time.
20. So you’re always quite shocked when you get a half-decent mark for a module.
21. You really do hate it when someone reminds the lecturer of the homework though.
Or puts their hand up to start a new discussion just as time is up 🙅
22. Life automatically gets better whenever someone asks if you want to go out and get drunk.
23. Because you’d probably just think about all the things you’re avoiding if you didn’t go out and get your drink on.
24. As you get closer to exam time, your academic supervisor will ask you how life is daily.
25. When all you want to do is go home for the holidays because you’re totally drained.
26. Though all the time you’ll be forced to spend completing assignments and revising certainly puts a dampener on things.
It’s not a holiday if we’re set work??? Is it???
27. Eventually, graduation will be on the horizon. And you don’t know how you feel about it.
You can’t wait to leave. But also you never want to leave. It’s too emotional… Bye uni 😢😢