19 Things You Miss About The University of Reading Now You’ve Graduated
Life just isn’t the same without RUSU and snakebites.
1. The campus is absolutely stunning.
It’s too pretty.
I love Reading Uni. It's such a beautiful campus to walk around! 🙂 pic.twitter.com/1duIq7RQhw
— Lorna Brown (@LornaLoon) July 17, 2013
2. Especially the lake.
3. You even miss the angry waterfowl.
4. Monday nights out at Q.
Who will ever know what really happens in the depths of Q club on a Monday night #MNQ
— Bethan Roderick (@BethanRoderick1) January 20, 2015
5. Followed by Wednesdays at Union.
6. And going for “just a drink or two” at Park Bar.
There is never such thing as a 'quiet one at Park Bar'
— Ellie Partridge (@ElenaPartridge) April 29, 2015
7. Christmas time on campus was the best.
8. Closely rivalled by events like this…
9. And how excited everyone would get for Varsity.
— Meg Jones (@Megpenguini) March 12, 2016
10. The fierce rivalry with Oxford Brookes.
the rivalry between Reading uni and Oxford Brookes on yik yak is by far the best thing I've ever discovered
— rebecca (@rebeccajanefish) May 1, 2015
11. All of the delicious food at Cafe Yolk.
The best place for hungover brunches with your housemates.
Come celebrate national pancake day with Café Y🍳LK! #cafeyolk #café #cafe #pancakes #coffeeshop #latteart #latte #wildberry #pancakeday #pancake #sweet #UoR #readinguni #coffeetime #foodporn #coffeetime #coffeegram #flatwhite ##cappuccino #maple #syrup #maplesyrup #breakfast #lunch #food #americanpancakes
12. And Bagel Man’s incredible bagels at Cereal Works.
The primary reason for my wish to go back to Reading is the severe lack of Bagelman in Kent.
— Liam Ward (@DrawMail) November 13, 2012
13. The petting zoo RUSU holds every year to combat exam stress.
14. And clubbing legend Ian Hills gives you constant fomo.
Seeing club photos of Ian Hills on my fb timeline tearing up Reading is depressing, just makes me wanna go back…
— James Rumble (@J_Rumblerr) August 9, 2013
15. Looking forward to the summer ball each year.
And always taking a survivors photo to prove you made it to 6am.
16. Snakebites 🐍❤️
The lovely, lovely purple stuff just doesn’t feel like an acceptable beverage to enjoy in a post-uni world.
Just cut up some cherries to put in my porridge and they stained my fingers and now it looks like I have snakebite stains 😩miss RUSU already
— Catherine Udell (@cudell_) June 30, 2014
17. You miss fancy dress being a way of life.
18. And all those sports and society socials.
Even though they’re mostly a drunken blur.
19. But most of all, you miss your uni friends.
Reading people are the best people 😭😭😭
Life at Reading was great, but your life as a graduate can be just as good.
All you need is to find the right graduate job. Register with GradTouch today and start looking for yours today 🎓🎉