21 Reasons Why Freshers’ Fest 2016 at The University of Reading Was Incredible
It was two weeks of fun as a new bunch of freshers were released onto Reading town. Sit back, relive the memories, and see just why Freshers’ Fest 2016 was the best.
1. Every club was packed.
There were freshers’ everywhere.
2. Seriously, seriously packed.
3. And everyone was really excited for the beginning of uni.
First night of freshers was so sick, met some fucking lovely people and the best part is there is next to no dickheads
— dom (@DomHillsNan) September 19, 2016
4. The fancy dress was fierce.
5. And people put in so much effort.
Those face paint skills tho.
6. Things got seriously messy.
I thought Krept & Konan taught me what a mosh pit was but tonight was something else
— Divya (@Divyaa____) September 27, 2016
7. And the UV party was wild.
8. People weren’t always on their best behaviour.
Didn't have a ticket for the club last night so ran past the bouncer and he ran in after me and carried me out🙄😂
— Ciara Halpin (@Ciaraaa98) September 25, 2016
9. But made so many new friends.
Appreciation tweet for my flat/block mates – the majority of them are nutters but they're bloody fabulous 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
— emily (@__emilyfisher) September 25, 2016
11. Halls pride was on point, with some going green for St Pats.
12. Whilst others were Straight Outta Sherfield.
13. Of course, there was a lot of dancing.
14. Even JCR leaders and freshers’ angels were partying hard.
If anyone saw me last night I was the fresher angel with the fire dance moves. And yes I did sign someone's shirt. #readingfreshers
— Niall Hamilton (@RUSU_Education) September 20, 2016
15. We got to experience a brand new venue.
As Public opened its doors for all the freshers.
16. And lots of post-club takeaways.
17. The fortnight made us all realise just how great uni life is.
18. Everyone was buzzing to be independent and parent-free.
Uni is just the best thing ever
— Francesca Hutchins (@franbanjo) September 21, 2016
19. Which for many meant being a bit drunk.
20. And generally just having an amazing time.
21. So, if it wasn’t for the hangover and freshers’ flu combo, you’d do it all again right now.
Best two weeks ever. Bring on next year 🎉🎉