17 Reasons Why Doing an Internship Whilst at University Is Worth It
If you’re a student at university, managing an internship can be challenging but it’s certainly worthwhile.
1. You can never have enough experience.
Employers always check how much experience you have under your belt, and even if you’ve had part-time jobs or volunteered at your local charity shop, internships look great on applications. You’d hit the trifecta, and everyone would want you.
2. You’ll gain creative freedom before taking on a full-time job within a non-internship based role.
It’s time to express myself.
3. Further stepping into the working world early on.
You’ll have one foot in the doorway.
4. You’ll actually be treated as an adult.
5. Alongside an increased sense of confidence when someone asks what you have been doing.
Check, check, check!
6. And you get to connect with like-minded individuals.
7. This also helps you build your networking skills.
“How do I introduce myself without sounding silly?”
8. This will ease your anxiety as you come out of university with an increased set of transferable skills.
Relax and take it easy, you’ve got this!
9. Although your internship will most likely offer no pay, you may still get reimbursements on your travel.
And sometimes free biscuits, cakes, doughnuts, and other treats!
10. And of course, you’ll be a part of a new working family.
It’s just a different set-up.
11. Possibly even getting a chance to choose your own hours.
12. You can immerse yourself in roles that are totally different to anything you study at university.
13. And reap the benefits at the same time.
You’ll gain praise for your work and actually get constructive feedback. That’s basically equivalent to getting a 1st, right?
14. Your parents will be so proud.
They’ll get super emotional about a not-so-deep situation.
15. If you pour your heart out within each duty, it will show and speak volumes for you later on.
Just keep pouring.
16. Further finding yourself being faced with situations similar to ‘The Office.’
Can I get an amen?
17. Finally, having an internship is like taking a break from uni, only this one is actually productive.
No one can call you lazy now…