18 Simple Reasons Why Living at University Is Better Than Living at Home
The party never has to end 🙌
1. First of all, you’ll never be woken up by the sound of your mum hoovering downstairs* at 6am.
*Or clanging utensils in the sink.
2. Or by the landline phone ringing at an ungodly hour in the morning.
3. If you’re in first year and living in halls, there are usually some older students available to give you advice.
Including how to write the perfect passive-aggressive Post-it notes.
4. You’re free to leave dirty dishes in the sink longer than a day without fear of being kicked out the house.
Unless you’ve got a horrible flatmate.
5. And you can choose catered halls if you’re a disaster in the kitchen.
6. You also don’t have to do laundry every single week.
“I’ll do it soon… Maybe.”
7. You can wake up whenever you want to.
Wanna miss that 9am and sleep til noon? Go ahead.
8. You can bring people back to your place.
Your flatmates might tease you a bit, but that’s still better than having your mum see you come home with someone.
9. And your housemates won’t call you lazy.
10. There’s no late night curfew.
You can come home at any time and won’t have to sneak around.
11. Meaning the party never has to end.
12. No one is there to tell you off for mistreating your liver.
Anyone up for another round?
13. And at the end of a night out, you can spend however long you want in the local kebab shop or McDonald’s.
14. You never have to pester your parents for lifts to places
“Can you do me a favour?”
15. And should you own a car, your parents can’t confiscate your keys if you break curfew.
16. We’re pretty sure parents enjoy having a break from their kids anyway.
17. Even though you may miss your family at times, the freedom you have at university heavily outweighs the homesickness.
You soon get over the homesickness because uni is the best.