16 Moments You Go Through As a 2nd Year Student That Prove It’s The Worst Year of University
If you were ever in doubt about which year of university is the worst, just wait until you go through these moments in your second year.
1. Having to watch a new batch of first years enjoy a Freshers’ Week you’re not part of.
2. And accept that you’re no longer the new and exciting fresh meat on campus.
Where has my youth gone?
3. Immediately realising that your lecturers are now expecting so much more from you.
Oh god – now is the time to get serious.
4. And that things are beginning to irritate you that never bothered you before.
Freshers complaining about how much work they have, for example.
5. Feeling yourself turning into a really boring person.
You’re at that stage where you shut the window to block out the noise of the party people.
6. And so trying way too hard to relive first year as a result.
I want the fun back, dammit.
7. Coming to terms with the fact university is going to be more work and less play from now on.
What do you mean everything counts now???
8. When you begin to feel the pressure of how real your life is now.
Every piece of work you submit counts now *nervous laughter*
9. Accepting that you underestimated how big the jump between first and second year would be.
There just isn’t enough time to meet all of these deadlines.
10. And finding yourself spending more time in the library than anywhere else.
You even have a designated area you go to. That seat is yours!
11. Every time you have to deal with housing problems.
Bills? Bin days?? Buying toilet roll???
12. Or you realise you and your flatmates don’t seem as close anymore.
You did so much together last year. What happened?
13. When the denial about having one year left hits.
Is this really happening? I thought student life would last forever.
14. And then you begin to panic at how fast the year has gone.
You’re more than half way through your degree. Time needs to stop.
15. Starting to understand why people told you to make the most of your first year.
Why do we never listen? We didn’t really think it would end.