14 Ways You Severely Underestimated How Hard Going Into Final Year Would Be
Uni is hard, there’s no denying. But nothing quite prepares you for how hard final year will be.
1. You didn’t anticipate how soon you’d be faced with the realisation that this is the last time you’ll get to do things.
The last Freshers’ week, the last first lecture of the year, the last Halloween night out…
2. And you definitely couldn’t have known how sad that would make you.
3. In fact, you’re honestly not sure how you’ll make it through the rest of the year at this rate.
4. You assumed the jump between second and final year wouldn’t be that big.
5. And you also thought you’d be way better at choosing the right modules by now.
6. You didn’t think you’d have to juggle so many other assignments on top of your dissertation.
7. And to make everything worse, you seem even less capable of staying on top of things than you were before.
8. You’re surprised by how many people are already on the hunt for grad jobs.
9. And even more surprised by how many have somehow already managed to line one up.
10. So now you feel as though you need to sacrifice your social life completely out of the fear of being unemployed forever.
11. You didn’t realise how soon you needed to apply for some grad schemes.
“What do you mean the deadline has already closed?”
12. Nor did you have any idea just how competitive applying would be.
13. You can’t look forward to Christmas in the same way you did before because you know it’s the last one where you’ll have a month off.
14. And you generally just can’t deal with the fact that everything is slowly but surely coming to an end. 😭
Just know that even though university is more stressful than it ever has been, you’ve made it this far. Sure, you underestimated how hard it would be, but don’t underestimate yourself. You can do this. 💪