17 Things You’ll Learn To Hate About Being a Student At The University of Nottingham
Everyone has a love/hate relationship with their university. Here are some things you’ll definitely learn to hate about being a student at the University of Nottingham.
1. Never being able to live that whole Shottingham reputation down.
Everytime I tell people where I'm going to uni they just refer to it as shottingham nottingham 😩
— Erin (@errrinnnnnn) September 19, 2014
2. And having everyone think you suddenly know everything about Robin Hood.
3. How obsessed everyone seems to be with the North/South divide.
4. And how seriously everyone takes the beef against Rutland.
5. The prices in the SU shop.
6. And the pain of realising how much better Trent’s SU nights out are than yours.
7. Hearing someone say they go to Nottingham Uni when they mean Trent.
8. Those campus hills making rushing to a 9am so much worse.
9. How unfair it is that the mysterious Sutton Bonington Campus is one of the prettiest parts of the uni.
10. Seeing those green sports hoodies everywhere and feeling like you’re not allowed to be lazy.
11. Watching as a full 34 bus drives straight past you again and again.
12. The stairs in the Tower Building.
13. And the unbearable heat in Hallward.
The library is making me sweat more than the gym did. Why so hot, Hallward 😓
— Lara Bamberger (@LaraBamb) November 23, 2014
14. Enduring Trent’s chanting on every night out.
15. And having to decide between a long walk or an expensive taxi back to Lenton.
16. You hate the fact that hardly anyone actually realises how gorgeous the uni can be at times.
17. And, worst of all, that one day you’ll have to leave.