19 Things That Always Happen On a Loughborough Students’ Union Night Out
If you’re a Loughborough Student, you know that a classic night out at the union is one which more-or-less follows the same pattern, and so you’re sure to recognise the following:
1. First, you arrive at the LSU wondering if you’re smooth enough to skip the queue.
So many pusher-inners, but you just never have the guts to do it.
2. And seeing the infamous queue snake around the weird train statue/monument just makes you wish you’d left pres earlier.
Every damn time.
3. So expect to spend quite a while as a tinned sardine.
But once you get under the purple roof, you know you’re basically in.
4. Once you finally get in, you wrestle your way through the dreaded cloak-room queue.
Which just takes FOREVER. Ugh.
5. Then immediately dash to Fusion toilets.
Where you and your pal can share a double toilet and catch up in categorically the weirdest of places.
6. And momentarily mourn the loss of JC’s.
The pain is still fresh 😩
7. After that, you’ll start off with some drinks in Fusion.
Everyone of course heads to Telford Corner to get served the fastest.
8. And you’re reminded of just how cheesy the music is up there.
It seems good for a while until Busted’s Year 3000 comes on and your departure from this room is more than necessary.
9. Fusion’s had its time so you head down to Cogz for some classic Hip-Hop/RnB tunes.
Probably making your way down the stairs on your bum. Always avoid the Fusion stairs, at all costs, people!
10. The atmosphere of Cogz gets you throwing all of the shapes.
Even though you’re listening to the same playlist for the hundredth time.
11. But the mad overcrowding is insane so you decide it’s time for a breather.
And so you head straight to the Papa Si’s warm pizza stand IMMEDIATELY for a mid-nightout snack.
— Sarah Patton (@sarahkaypatton) December 13, 2012
12. Then you realise you can no longer resist the bright lights of Room 1 – where everyone ends up.
And if you’ve no energy to continue throwing shapes, there’s many-a-booth to crash in with your mates.
13. You then get coaxed by all of the deals in all of the 3 bars in Room 1.
I mean 4 VKs for £5 on a Stuesday or £3 doubles at an FND, who in their right mind can resist?!
14. Tiredness kicks in so you momentarily crash in the Club Mission room on some beanbags for a short pause.
These guys are literal angels.
15. Then you decide to chow down on the delicious Chinese noodles at ManchuHan.
If you fancy a more civilised meal.
16. After that, it’s definitely time to leave.
Security will still stamp your reentry no matter what you tell them!
17. But not after getting snapped by someone from LSU Media.
And you wake up dreading the impending notifications to come throughout the day.
18. In the end, you resort to an overpriced ADT taxi home just so you can enjoy your food in the warmth.
Which thankfully is RIGHT outside the union.
19. And know the epic night-journey through the country’s biggest SU was worth it.
Love #LSU nights 😍👌
— Abigail Garrett (@abigarrett95) March 15, 2014