20 Reasons Why You’ll Never Regret Studying at Loughborough University
Veritate, Scientia, Labore #Lufbra 💪
1. Our position in the Guardian University League Table basically speaks for itself.
Ranking 11th place in 2016 amongst other UK universities conveys our high level of academic success, and moving up 7 places the following year portrays impending world domination. 💁
2. We were also awarded Best Student Experience by Times Higher Education last year.
Who can compete with that kind of success both academically and socially?
3. Our community is tight-knit and heart-warming.
Here at Loughborough, we’re just one big, happy family. You may not know every single student on campus, but there is a general feeling of warmth and support wherever you go. Even if you’re far from home, you’ll be welcomed into Loughborough and made to feel like you’re at your second home.
4. Campus is the perfect place to leisurely stroll around in a dream-like state.
Day or night, rain or shine, our campus looks pristine.
First week of this semester is coming to an end, it's time to cut of the slack and work towards our dreams @lborouniversity . . . #university #lboro #lborofamily #freshers #freshersweek #first #quoteoftheday #quote #motivation #reminder #work #workhard #playhard #hkig #ukig #final #sunset #loughborough #water #waterfeature #cloudporn #photooftheday #England #goldenhour #instagrammission #unilife #lifestyle
5. The architecture is pretty great.
6. And the facilities just keep improving.
Loughborough never stops working – they’re always seeking new ways to improve the student experience. Recently, they completed the brand new Towers dining hall, and they regularly redecorate the halls. There are also plans to build another halls of residence to accommodate the overwhelming number of students wishing to attend.
7. We’ve even got our own library cat, Charlie.
N.B. he doesn’t bite.
— Loughborough Uni (@lborouniversity) December 15, 2015
8. Speaking of which, the library isn’t the only place you can study*.
With over 15,000 students on campus, you can imagine how crowded the library gets when it’s exam time or coursework is due. However, there’s no need to fight for a seat there as we have several dedicated study spaces.
9. Accommodation is easy to find and cheap to rent.
You can get so much support from the uni themselves or student estate agents that it’s easier than ever to find the perfect little home for your second year at Loughborough. No matter how late you leave it, there will always be somewhere for you to live at an affordable rate. In fact, the overall price usually ends up being cheaper than student halls.
10. The union nights out are indescribably entertaining.
There’s a night out for everyone, whatever your interests. Every week, the Students’ Union opens on Tuesday (Stuesday), Wednesday (Hey Ewe), and Friday (FND) nights, bringing the hottest club classics, dance, hip-hop, and plain ol’ cheesy music to all. On special occasions, they add additional nights to the week such as DBE and Selected Sound which never disappoint.
11. And it helps that the cost of a night out is cheaper than cheap.
£1 Jägerbombs, say no more.
12. Meaning you can spend more dosh on the different types of cuisine that are available right on your doorstep.
A cheeky meal out or a chilled takeaway in with your mates – what not to love?
13. The university is great for athletes and amateurs alike.
With all the opportunities to try new sports with qualified trainers and experienced students, it’s hard to resist throwing yourself in at the deep end and learning something completely out of your comfort zone. Or, if you want to stick with something that you’re more comfortable with, you have that option too.
14. And there’s a huge variety of societies.
They range from Drone Soc to Parkour/Freerunning Soc to Clay Pigeon Shooting Soc to Shakespeare Soc. There’s honestly something for everyone.
15. The gym has high-tech facilities.
At Loughborough, you’ll have to come up with a better excuse than “the gym is rubbish” to avoid working out. You get the option of joining either of the two gyms on campus, Powerbase or Holywell. The former generally accommodates training athletes, whilst the latter is available for anyone who simply wants to get and stay fit. As if that isn’t enough, you automatically gain access to the huge swimming pool, fun fitness classes, and the option of a personal trainer. Go on, make some #gainz.
16. The proximity to London is a true gift.
“Never stop wandering”, as they say. The train calls at Leicester and reaches London St Pancras, and with the journey taking just over an hour, you can go back and forth whenever you want to.
17. In fact, you’ll never run out of places to visit.
Let’s be honest – Loughborough is a small town with limited places to shop or explore, and it can get tedious doing the same thing every day. But what’s so perfect about Loughborough location is how close you are to other cities like Leicester and Nottingham. If you’re up for taking a measly 10 minute train to Leicester on a night out, you’re bound to make some new friends (and probably new university rivalries too), you’re guaranteed to have a fab night. With Nottingham being a slightly longer journey, it’s easier to make a day trip of it and explore the huge range of shops and the variety of restaurants and bars.
18. The support you’ll receive at uni is immeasurable.
Whether it’s an academic problem like struggling to meet an assignment deadline, or you’re dealing with personal issues such as trouble with your landlord, there’s always someone around to help you or just have a chat with.
19. You’ll feel blessed to have been given the chance to attend such a prestigious university.
It’s an honour being able to call yourself a Loughborough student.
20. And you’ll never, ever want to leave.