20 Times You Didn’t Know Whether To Laugh or Cry At University
Going to university can be a rewarding and enjoyable experience, but every now and then you don’t know whether to laugh or cry because of it.
1. When you had to get up for a 9am lecture only to find out it had been cancelled.
So I dragged myself out of bed for this?! Thanks for telling me my lecture was cancelled👍 pic.twitter.com/Z0dBX2n1pV
— Alastair Rigby (@alastairrigby) March 14, 2016
2. Or when you discovered you had an exam first thing on a Saturday. A Saturday.
You didn’t even realise that was a thing.
I have an exam on a Saturday cause my uni is actually Satan
— tyler hames (@TyHames) April 18, 2016
3. When you revised literally every single topic for that exam except for one. And that one came up.
4. Or when the essay you essentially bluffed your way through actually got way more marks than the one you slaved over.
5. When the books on your reading list were the most expensive purchases you made all year.
Piss funny when my essential reading list books are gonna cost me over £100 init
— Jack (@BFC__Jack) September 29, 2015
6. Or when you turned up to your lecture but the lecturer didn’t.
7. And you were trying to learn but they kept changing the slide before you finished writing your notes.
Paying 9k a year for the lecturer to change the slide before i can note down anything 🙃🙃🙃🔫
— Luke Sho (@Shyam_C6) April 11, 2016
8. Or kept promising to put the notes on Blackboard but never, ever did.
9. When the amount of contact hours you had in a week was less than the amount in a normal work day.
“What am I paying for?”
10. And there was only ever one copy of a book they knew everyone would need for a module in the library.
11. Or the only page that was useful to you for an essay reference on Google Books was unavailable.
literally EVERY PAGE I actually need to read on Google books is unavailable WHY THOSE PAGES?! DOES SOMEONE WANT ME TO FAIL?!
— Caoimhe Ní Chathail (@CaoimheChats) May 1, 2014
12. When it took longer to walk from one lecture theatre to another than it did to walk home.
13. Or you found out that a lecture had been moved but no one had bothered to inform you.
14. When your uni halls seemed to think that early morning was a reasonable time for a fire drill. Frequently.
— Billy Sarsfield (@Billy_Sarsfield) October 8, 2013
15. Or student lettings agents arranged viewings at awkward times and then didn’t even show up.
16. When you came prepared to an exam with several pens and none of them worked properly.
17. Or someone who never even turned up somehow managed to achieve a better overall mark.
18. When your tutor gave you excellent feedback on your essay plan but gave the actual essay the worst feedback ever.
19. Or when you didn’t realise that the modules you chose were weighted entirely on one essay or exam.
You've got to have some serious personal issues to use a 3 hour, 100%-weighted exam as the only assessment method in a final year module.
— Max WHUFC Kellar (@maxkellar) April 18, 2016