25 Things All Warwick University Students Will Understand
When you live inside the Warwick Bubble, there are some things only you can know to be true.
1. You’re sick of explaining that Warwick University isn’t actually in Warwick.
Why is Warwick Uni in Coventry?
— Tom Screen (@tomscreenx) December 8, 2015
2. Which is why the rivalry between you and Coventry Uni is real.
I absolutely love this rivalry between Coventry and Warwick Uni 😂
— Katie (@kt_lm) February 27, 2016
3. And is also why you love destroying them at Varsity.
4. It’s perfectly acceptable to walk around campus in society hoodies and sports kits.
So used to wearing my @WarwickTap kit I think I've forgotten how to wear real clothes
— Elizabeth Hurst (@BethHursty) February 22, 2016
5. And to admit that you’ve had some of the best nights of your life at Kasbah.
6. Everyone is obsessed with Pop and Disco Dave.
He’s basically the most important person to you on a Wednesday night.
'I'm Facebook famous!!! Tell everyone!' Okay disco Dave😂
— T (@tearney_) March 11, 2016
7. And you’ve probably done something you regret after drinking too much Purple in the Copper Rooms.
I've missed everything about uni except for purple. Just thinking about the smell of the copper rooms sent a bad chill down my spine
— carys (@CarysO_R) September 19, 2015
8. Fancy dress at Circle is a rite of passage.
9. As is regularly feeling victimised by the geese on campus.
probably see more geese than students at warwick
— krisp (@acciokirsty) February 8, 2016
10. The only thing more notorious on campus than the geese are the Warwick Rowers.
Try to stay cool when you spot them in the library.
11. Rootes’ kitchens are the indisputable best for pre drinks.
And you’ve had at least one compulsory staircase photo.
12. The walk to and from campus is a nightmare if you live in Westwood.
13. But once you leave you’d give anything to not have to face the U1 every single day.
This bus smells like the copper rooms and it's a Monday afternoon
— Carrie Barnsley (@carriebarnsley) March 7, 2016
14. Living in Leamington is like living in a really weird village where you know everyone on the street purely because you recognise them from Pop.
15. You secretly love Kelsey’s and Eliminator, even though you know you probably shouldn’t.
Eliminator is the perfect example of how you can have too much of a good thing
— Lily Pickard (@lilygpickard) March 13, 2016
16. And you’re secretly unashamed that the staff in Vialli’s know your name and your order now.
17. You can’t lie that some of the campus architecture choices upset you. A Lot.
History faculty at Oxford vs Humanities building at Warwick 💔 pic.twitter.com/oTZ0fcwd8S
— Louisa (@louisavivienne) March 19, 2016
18. As well as the fact that the Learning Grid is always full.
19. And that you still don’t have a 24/7 library like normal top 10 unis.
20. You are constantly confused and sometimes terrified by the art that pops up around campus.
21. And you believe the rumours that the Koan is powered by tiny gnomes.
22. You love treating yourself to a Curiositea visit every once in a while.
23. And regret not taking more advantage of visiting Warwick Castle.
24. But the campus itself is beautiful enough. In parts.
Who needs a castle, anyway?
25. Most of all, you know that you’ll miss Warwick like crazy once you’ve graduated.
Oh, Warwick. 😍