20 Awkward Stages Every Introvert Goes Through at a Party
University can be hard when you hate having to socially interact, especially when it comes to parties.
1. You know you’d have much rather stayed in.
With Netflix, food, peace and quiet.
2. But your friends insist on you coming.
3. When you arrive you pretty much want to leave immediately.
Because it means you actually have to make an effort to socialise.
4. Especially when all your friends suddenly disappear to talk to other people.
*Starts to hyperventilate*
5. Which leaves you hoping someone will strike up a conversation.
“So, you ever been to a crochet exhibition?”
6. And all you can think about is being in bed with a good book.
7. But instead you drink copious amounts of alcohol as a “social lubricant”.
Just act natural.
8. Three glasses of wine in, you’re ready to approach someone… But who?
Don’t. Be. Weird.
9. You’re starting to find the conversation fun. You’re even making them laugh!
What is this sorcery?!
10. Nevertheless, some awkward dancing might ensue.
11. Suddenly you realise you’re actually having a great time!
Why didn’t I want to leave the house again?
12. But still, you consider leaving soon…
You don’t want to push it, right?
13. You try to stick it out just a little bit longer.
Nope. Wasn’t asleep in the bath at all.
14. But the idea of bed and snacks starts to sound really good.
And being completely alone again.
15. And the longer you stay, the more tired you start to get.
How do people do this all the time?
16. Until you end up zoning out on someone’s sofa.
17. Finally someone suggests going home.
18. But when you leave people are still going strong.
19. And even though you had a great time…
20. You’re so happy to be reunited with your bed.
Ahh, sweet solitude.