11 Things All Literature Students Have In Common
Literature Students: there’s more to us than spiced lattes and Wuthering Heights, you know.
1. Nothing gives you greater pleasure than the campus bookshop.
Forget the pub, this is where all your money goes.
2. When you’re reading in a coffee shop you feel like you’re parodying yourself.
3. Every week is reading week for you. Every single one.
Those 3 novels, collection of 48 poems and the entire works of Shakespeare aren’t going to read themselves.
4. You’ll hear something along the lines of, “Oh you’re doing English. Not planning on getting a job after uni then?” from hilarious people on a regular basis.
5. You find pleasure in laughing at people who think selecting a Literature module will lighten their workload.
6. Nothing upsets you more than having to annotate (ruin) a beautiful new book.
7. You can’t comprehend people who don’t idolise Shakespeare.
8. Nobody ever understands your weird literary jokes…
9. And no one ever wants to go to the cinema with you because they’re fed up of hearing how “the book was a hundred times better than the film!”
10. People ask you to proofread their work. What is the deal?
11. Finally and most importantly; we really can find a deeper meaning in everything, the curtains are never ‘just blue’…
You can’t compete with lit students.