6 Signs Christmas Is Slowly Invading
It seemed that in a matter of 24 hours Halloween and Bonfire night disappeared. It’s the middle of November, you may not like it, but it’s time to accept that it’s coming…
1. Those beverage companies that you love to hate thanks to their extortionate prices and tax avoidance have started selling Christmas drinks.
You don’t want to get involved in Christmas yet, it’s only November! But you really want that cup with a snowman on it.
2. Adverts have started either making you cry or making you hungry.
Sitting down to watch an episode of Corrie has turned into an emotional roller-coaster.
3. You can’t go to the shops without being bombarded by trees, fairy lights and buy-one-get-one-free mince pies.
4. That one housemate who is obsessed with Christmas has already started playing Mariah Carey and Michael Buble on full blast.
5. Getting the bus back home has suddenly turned into an almighty struggle as people wrestle 13 shopping bags full of presents all at once.
6. But worst of all, you find yourself secretly hoping that you can put your tree up soon and sing Wizzard…
It gets earlier every year.