20 Things You Learn To Hate About Being a Student at Royal Holloway
As much as there is to love about Royal Holloway, there are some things you learn to hate about being a student there.
1. Forever trying to avoid featuring in tourists’ photos of Founder’s.
Yeah, it’s pretty, and, yeah, it’s a Grade 1 listed building, but you’re kind of over it.
2. And the unnecessary length of the full university name.
Royal Holloway, University of London doesn’t exactly roll of the tongue.
3. Especially when you realise how far from the centre of London it actually is.
I mean, it’s not even in Zone 5.
It's great that Royal Holloway's part of the University of London bc everyone thinks I'm hitting the big city when really I'm hitting Surrey
— Abi SLAYED (@abi_slade) March 15, 2015
The most happening place in all of Surrey.
5. But, more specifically, Egham Hill.
Egham Hill is not ok
— Millicent Martin (@millsmartin1) October 25, 2015
6. Struggling to find a space in the Bedford Library during exam period.
7. And to resist the temptation of spending all your student loan on Bubble tea.
8. Having to decide between awkward nights out at the SU.
9. Or expensive ones in London.
10. People who feel the need to Instagram their Founder’s library study sessions every time.
11. The heartbreak when they run out of pizza at Crosslands.
12. And the stress of losing your mates on Monkey Mondays.
13. The ticket prices for the all the uni balls.
14. And the disproportionate amount of male:female students.
15. The fact that the Founder’s clock rings through the night.
16. And that most people have never even heard of Royal Holloway.
17. And if they have, they assume it’s posh by default.
18. Which isn’t helped by certain students, to be fair.
just another day at royal holloway when a fellow student jumps out of his rolls royce eager to get to class
— Tamsin Amy (@tamsinamy_) January 22, 2015
19. But most of all, you hate that you’ll have to leave one day.
Not sure why other universities are in existence when royal holloway's around.
— Nathan Samuels (@Nath_Samuels) October 26, 2013