14 Things Every Sheffield Hallam Student Has Experienced on a Carver Street Night Out
It’s a unique experience.
1. You start out the night before you hit Carver Street very excited. You always know it’s going to be a big one.
Bring on pres.
2. You end up bonding with the homeless person by the Sainsbury’s cash point.
Whatever the weather, there is bound to be a homeless person there telling you a story while you wait in the queue. Meanwhile, you’re probs very drunk and friendly.
3. There are plenty of places where you can get two vodka and cokes with a fiver and probably still have change.
You can still get drunk when you’re down to your last £20.
4. And all those cheap drinks mean it’s not long ’til you’re having a fab time.
5. For the girls – you meet the toilet lady in Viper Rooms.
From a hairbrush to a toothbrush, this woman has whatever you need during a night out.
6. There’s always a sports team in VIP celebrating.
You’ll find the basketball or football team taking over VIP the majority of the time.
7. If you don’t like cheesy pop songs, you soon will.
You experience Popworld at some point on Carver street, and end up belting your heart out to some Britney Spears and Justin Bieber.
8. There’s always a lineup of sports cars trying to impress.
Carver Street seems to be the place to show off your Audi or Ferrari.
9. And there are even promoters giving out free food every now and then.
Exactly what you need when you’ve had a few drinks and want to power through the night longer. They’ve got free candyfloss, Krispy Kremes and even pancakes. Life is so good.
10. HallamNation at Crystal is always a night to remember.
This is every sportsperson’s opportunity to get drunk and everyone else’s opportunity to get equally drunk and celebrate with them.
11. But no matter where you go or what day it is, every good night out ends at Chicken Stop.
It’s the closest and coolest place for food; the quality never changes.
12. You spend about an hour eating your chicken and watching drama unfold.
There’s always a drunken fight of some description.
13. Not to mention the all-important debriefing of the night’s antics with the squad.
14. And eventually you make it home, very drunk and ready to do it all again ASAP.
Once tomorrow’s inevitable hangover passes anyway 😂